Sunday, February 27, 2005

nothen 4 christmas

Tonight I had another one of my great flashbacks from my childhood. The memory was triggered from a story my fiancée was telling me about how she was letting people get to her, or "get her goat" as she described it. She said it happened even though she knew that it should not be.
She is the eldest child and I am the youngest.

It always happened the day before and on Christmas Eve but mostly on Christmas Eve. I was four, five, and six years old. My two eldest brothers, Jeff and Eric were high school teenagers. The talk of presents would begin, and then the torment. Jeff would start, "Hey Eric, what do you think Jerrod is getting for Christmas?" Eric would say in his serious voice, "I don't think he is getting anything, he has been bad." And then the duet would begin, "Jerrod ain't getting nothin for Christmas, cause he ain't been nothin but bad." My tantrum would start and cause the singing to get louder and more sarcastic. I would cry, scream, and then attack my two loving brothers. They would laugh, stiff arm me, and sing more. Eventually mom would come to my rescue. I am sure she would reassure me that I was getting presents, and scold my older brothers for taunting me……Ah those were the days.

What's fun these days is that my three oldest brothers all have kids, lots of kids. The paybacks sure are fun!

4 Comments:

Blogger Alecia Whitaker said...

I have to say that I side more with the older brothers, although it pains me to do so. KimPossible still fights her baby's battles and it's no fun being on her receiving end... although it's worth it all when a full throttle tantrum goes into effect. He still employs the crying, screaming, and physical attacks. The best example of something that provokes such a violent reaction is any given Sunday on the Whitaker Croquet Lawn. He hates to lose and the complete domination he endures... Let's just say I've never seen a sore loser launch a croquet ball so far into oblivion. I guess some cry babies just never grow up.

2:06 AM  
Blogger studpace said...

Sams,
That is good stuff! I guess I will have to elaborate on those memories.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Alecia Whitaker said...

I would looooove to hear more about the nintendo episode. I bet you cried like a little fairy.

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MUTINY!!!!!!!

I AM NO LONGER CHECKING THIS BLOG. IT'S A WASTE OF TIME AND I ALWAYS GET MY HOPES UP JUST TO BE DISAPPOINTED.

I USED TO LIVE FOR YOUR POSTS, BUT I CAN'T KEEP GETTING MY HEART BROKEN.

SINCERELY,
A DEPRESSED FORMER FAN

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home